Mission & Vision
Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School
Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School is a caring community where stakeholders work collaboratively to create a safe and engaging learning environment where the best and the brightest attend, teach and serve. We inspire our students to be responsible citizens, who are college prepared and career ready, life-long learners for the 21st century.
In partnership with students, parents, staff and the community WE Believe:
- Students First – We provide a motivating, caring, and student-centered learning community that encourages students to become capable, well-rounded, and responsible members of society
- Success in the Classroom – We provide a challenging academic environment which focuses on national Common Core standards and employ research-based instructional strategies that empower students to reach their full potential, create meaningful real-life applications, and foster life-long learning.
- Strive for Effective Teaching, Leadership, and Accountability – We are a professional staff who practices respectful interactions, shared decision-making, upholds school and district policies, and works collaboratively to meet the needs of all students.
- See Families as Partners – We are committed to open, honest, and respectful communication with parents/guardians, welcoming participation and involvement.
- Strength Through Social Justice and Embracing Diversity – We recognize and appreciate diversity and self-expression, respecting individuality and building positive self-image. We use our diversity to promote social acceptance and understanding.
- Safe and Secure Environment – We provide an environment that is physically and emotionally secure where students feel safe and free to be academic risk-takers.